Wage and Hour Class Action Litigation
Wage and hour rules are governed by the California Labor Code and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Some of the common causes of wage and hour class action litigation violations include:
- Employer failed to provide paid time for tasks required
- Employer failed to ensure that employees being paid per-project, meeting minimum wage requirements.
- Employer failed to provide proper pay stubs with all required information.
- Employees misclassified as “exempt” from receiving overtime pay.
- Employees misclassified as independent contractors.
- Employees not provided uninterrupted meal breaks.
Employers are also responsible for prompt payment of wages due and can be subject to significant penalties if they fail to promptly pay all wages that are due to an employee who is fired or quits. An experienced employment attorney can advise you about your rights. Our experienced Los Angeles employment lawyers have the experience and resources to successfully prosecute and defend wage and hour lawsuits. If you and your co-workers have been made to work off-the-clock or if you have been mistakenly classified as an exempt employee, you may be entitled to compensation for your unpaid overtime and benefits. Makarem & Associates has represented employees in matters involving wage-and-hour claims, employment law violations and employment discrimination. Call us at 310.312.0299 or email us at email@example.com
This month, McDonald’s employees brought a class-action...
A study published by NERA Economic Consulting last...
With the economy still in the midst of recovery and...