Employment law encompasses a wide variety of issues like Pension Plans, Retirement, Occupational Safety & Health Regulations, Affirmative Action, Discrimination in the Workplace and Sexual Harassment.
We represent employees who have been subjected to Labor Code violations such as:
- Failure to pay overtime
- Being mislabeled by employers as “managers” to avoid paying overtime
- The failure of employers to provide required lunch and rest breaks
- Employees who did not receive timely payment of agreed upon wages as well as sexual harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination issues
Labor laws were designed to equalize the bargaining power between employers and employees – prohibiting employers and unions from engaging in specified “unfair labor practices” and establishing an obligation of both parties to engage in good faith collective bargaining. Labor laws mainly deal with relationships between employers and unions. Labor laws grant employees the right to unionize and allow employers and employees to engage in certain activities (e.g., strikes, picketing, seeking injunctions, lockouts) for the purpose of getting their demands fulfilled.
What Does Labor and Employment Law Representation Include?
- Reviewing client employee handbooks, manuals, and policy statements.
- Assisting with federal and state wage and hour law issues and claims.
- Representing employees before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state human rights agencies.
Employers are also responsible for prompt payment of wages due and can be subject to significant penalties if they fail to promptly pay all wages that are due to an employee who is fired or quits. An experienced employment attorney can advise you about your rights. Our experienced Los Angeles employment lawyers have the experience and resources to successfully prosecute and defend wage and hour lawsuits.
If you and your co-workers have been made to work off-the-clock or if you have been mistakenly classified as an exempt employee, you may be entitled to compensation for your unpaid overtime and benefits. Makarem & Associates has represented employees in matters involving wage-and-hour claims, employment law violations and employment discrimination. Call us at 310.312.0299 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting sexually harassed at the workplace can be an...
It’s 2017, but it’s not hard to believe...
There are many cases wherein an individual may feel...