Wage and Hour Class Action Litigation
Trusted Employment Lawyer in California
Wage and hour rules are governed by the California Labor Code, the Industrial Welfare Commission Wage Orders for various industries, and California common law. Some of the common violations that give rise to class action litigation against employers include:
- Employer failing to pay at least minimum wage to employees for all work performed;
- Employer failing to pay employees at the proper overtime rate for all overtime work performed;
- Employer failing to provide proper pay stubs with all required information.
- Employer improperly classifying employees as “exempt” from overtime pay and/or meal and rest periods;
- Employer improperly classifying employees as independent contractors to avoid having to comply with California’s labor code requirements for employees.
- Employers failing to provide compliant meal and/or rest periods to employees, and failing to compensate those employees for the non-compliant meal and/or rest periods.
Employers are responsible for complying with all of the requirements of California’s Labor Code, and if they fail to comply, they may be required to provide compensation to employees for violations, as well as being subject to substantial penalties.
Seek Guidance from a Knowledgeable Employment Lawyer
Our labor and employment lawyers have the experience and resources to successfully prosecute wage and hour class action lawsuits, and can advise you about your rights. If you and your co-workers have been made to work off-the-clock without compensation, have not been properly compensated for all overtime work, have not been provided with compliant meal and/or rest periods, or if you have been mistakenly classified as an exempt employee or an independent contractor, you may be entitled to compensation for your unpaid wages and benefits, as well as substantial penalties. Makarem & Associates has represented employees in all types of wage and hour class actions, and regularly obtain financial compensation for those employees. Call us at 310.312.0299 or email us at email@example.com.
If you have a legal question or concern, especially regarding legal malpractice, wage and hour, consumer or employment law, contact Makarem & Associates today. Call us at 310-312-0299 or contact us online.