The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
Ron Makarem is the founder of Makarem & Associates, a top law firm located in Los Angeles, California. Ron has been practicing law since 1995 and has obtained multi-million dollar settlements and judgments for consumer clients across the State.
For 2019, Ron was selected as a top 100 attorney in California by Super Lawyers. Ron was awarded, “Top Attorney” in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine and a Super Lawyers for 2013. In 2007, Ron was selected as one of the “Top 20 Under 40” Attorneys in California by California’s largest legal newspaper, The Daily Journal. In 2012, Ron received the distinguished CLAY award for “Attorney of the Year” by California Lawyer Magazine for his work on a landmark California Supreme Court case. In 2012, Ron also became a certified legal malpractice specialist by the California State Bar. In 2015, Ron received the AALASC Trailblazer Award. The Trailblazer Award recognizes attorneys who have demonstrated vision, courage, and tenacity in their practice. Ron was selected by Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star” in 2010, and a “Super Lawyer” in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Ron attended the University of Southern California and graduated with honors in 1992 with a degree in Political Science. Ron then attended Pepperdine University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor degree in 1995. In 2001, at the young age of 30, he became a partner at the law firm of Ruben & Jones, later Ruben & Makarem, before starting Makarem & Associates in 2004.
Throughout his entire legal career, he has dedicated his practice to litigating on behalf of the consumer and strives to maintain the public’s respect for the legal profession. A native to Los Angeles, he enjoys watching and coaching his daughters’ soccer teams during his free time.
- $2.53 million judgment for his clients – victims of an attorney’s unreasonable billing practices and legal malpractice.
- Sued Donald Trump in 2005, as part of a Federal lawsuit filed against The Apprentice and Donald Trump. Ron Makarem deposed Donald Trump in New York’s Trump Tower. Ron represented a reality-television writer in the high-profile case against Donald Trump, NBC, and reality-television producer Mark Burnett regarding the hit-television show “The Apprentice.” The matter resolved confidentially.
- $2.6 million settlement in a legal malpractice case against the law firm of Skadden Arps – one of the most prominent law firms in the world.
- In 2010, Ron argued before the California Supreme Court an important case relating to the mediation privilege – Cassel v. Superior Court.
- In 2011, Ron defended Splash News & Picture Agency in a lawsuit brought by a woman claiming her right of privacy was invaded when she was videotaped with Heath Ledger at a SAG Awards after-party.
- California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles – CAALA, (1997 – Present Member, Education Committee)
- Arab American Lawyers Association of Southern California – AALASC (2009 – Present Member)
- California Employment Lawyers Association (Present Member)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2007 – 2008 (Member, Professional Rules and Ethics Committee)
- National Academy of Elder Abuse Attorneys (Former Member)
- American Association for Justice (Former Member)
- Consumer Attorney of California (Former Member)
- Order of the Barristers (Former Member)
Honors and Awards
- Top 100 Attorney, Superlawyer, 2019
- Super Lawyer 2010-2019
- AALASC Trailblazer Award, 2015
- Top 100 Attorney, SuperLawyer, 2013
- CLAY Attorney of the Year, California Lawyer Magazine, 2012
- Rising Star-Super Lawyer, SuperLawyers, 2010
- Top 20 Under 40 in California, Daily Journal, 2007
If you have a legal question or concern, especially regarding legal malpractice, wage and hour, consumer or employment law, contact Makarem & Associates today. Call us at 310-312-0299 or contact us online.