Ron Makarem is the owner and founder of Makarem & Associates, a top law firm located in Los Angeles, California. Ron has been practicing law since 1995 and has obtained multi-million dollar settlements and judgments for consumer clients across the State.
For 2019, Ron was selected as a top 100 attorney in California by Super Lawyers. Ron was awarded, "Top Attorney" in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine and a Super Lawyers for 2013. In 2007, Ron was selected as one of the "Top 20 Under 40" Attorneys in California by California's largest legal newspaper, The Daily Journal. In 2012, Ron received the distinguished CLAY award for "Attorney of the Year" by California Lawyer Magazine for his work on a landmark California Supreme Court case. In 2012, Ron also became a certified legal malpractice specialist by the California State Bar. In 2015, Ron received the AALASC Trailblazer Award. The Trailblazer Award recognizes attorneys who have demonstrated vision, courage, and tenacity in their practice. Ron was selected by Super Lawyers magazine as a "Rising Star" in 2010, and a "Super Lawyer" in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Ron attended the University of Southern California and graduated with honors in 1992 with a degree in Political Science. Ron then attended Pepperdine University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor degree in 1995. In 2001, at the young age of 30, he became a partner at the law firm of Ruben & Jones, later Ruben & Makarem, before starting Makarem & Associates in 2004.
Throughout his entire legal career, he has dedicated his practice to litigating on behalf of the consumer and strives to maintain the public's respect for the legal profession. A native to Los Angeles, he enjoys watching and coaching his daughters' soccer teams during his free time.
- $2.53 million judgment for his clients - victims of an attorney's unreasonable billing practices and legal malpractice.
- Sued Donald Trump in 2005, as part of a Federal lawsuit filed against The Apprentice and Donald Trump. Ron Makarem deposed Donald Trump in New York's Trump Tower. Ron represented a reality-television writer in the high-profile case against Donald Trump, NBC, and reality-television producer Mark Burnett regarding the hit-television show "The Apprentice." The matter resolved confidentially.
- $2.6 million settlement in a legal malpractice case against the law firm of Skadden Arps - one of the most prominent law firms in the world.
- Ron argued before the California Supreme Court an important case relating to the mediation privilege - Cassel v. Superior Court.
- Ron defended Splash News & Picture Agency in a lawsuit brought by a woman claiming her right of privacy was invaded when she was videotaped with Heath Ledger at a SAG Awards after-party.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1995
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Empowering People, Featured in Fortune Magazine, 2019
- The Calm Man in the Arena, Featured in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2019
- Legal Malpractice
- Employment Law & Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
- Wage & Hour Class Action Litigation
- California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Top 100 Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- AALASC Trailblazer Award
- Top 100 Attorney, Super Lawyers
- CLAY Attorney of the Year, California Lawyer Magazine
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Daily Journal "Top 20 Under 40" Attorney in CA
- Lawyers at Makarem & Associates selected for a Super Lawyers® list
- Makarem, Ron On a Super Lawyers® List
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles - CAALA, Member, Education Committee, 1997 to Present
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member, Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, Professional Rules and Ethics Committee, 2007 to 2008
- Arab American Lawyers Association of Southern California - AALASC, Member, 2009 to Present
- National Academy of Elder Abuse, Former Member
- American Association for Justice, Former Member
- Consumer Attorney of California, Former Member
- Order of the Barristers, Former Member
Current Employment Position
- Principal Attorney
- Ruben & Makarem, Partner